Saturday, January 29, 2011

Born and brought up in a small village named ‘Maruthorvattam’ in Kerala, I have started learning Ottan thullal in 1984 and I was a 4Yrs old boy on that days. The very next year I have made my debut performance at Purandareswara Temple. I do remember my master Sri.Vayalar Krishnan Kutty with great gratitude in this moment who  instructed  me the basics of Thullal in such a graceful way.My parents, Late Sri. G Padmanabhan and Smt. M K Saradamani who were the real inspiration in my career and life helped a lot to mold me in a professional way. Both of them were teachers, and fond of Music and art. Along with them, Maya my beloved sister, inspired me a lot to follow the real path of art in my life. Yup, I feel proud to tell something about my school and college days which brought me a lot of Awards and fame as a performer .4 State Best Performer awards made me recognized among a big group of artists & performers and I was quite thrilled when I marked my presence in the 1st Afro Asian games Inaugural art ceremony, representing the Kerala team. Fet -de-Pondichery, Folklore Academy, Thanjavoor Fest,Children’s Film Festival delegates  are some of the venues that I cannot forget in my art life. Now, I feel quite lucky to have such an art with me to make my life run.

My present Days..

Well, I feel surprised now, when I look back and see long 29 years passed over in my career,bringing thousands of successful venues and platforms,  filling my days with thanks and gratitude. Presently I’m doing in an event management group as a performer and we are having our presence in many of the resorts in Kerala.  Lake resort -Kumarakam, Coconut Lagoon -Kumarakam, Backwater Ripples -Kumarakam, Golden Waters -Kumarakam, Marari Beach Resort -Alappuzha, Lake Palace -Alappuzha, Spice village -Thekkady, Kumily, Brendon -Fort Cochi, Soma Lake Resort -Murinjapuzha, Kottayam, etc. are some of our performing venues. Along with this I often do performance in temples and other cultural platforms. Master and facilitator for more than 50 students inside and outside the country. Many of my students bagged their school & college level state awards several times which made my mastership more fruitful.

7 comments:

  1. I like this artist and this performing art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish to meet Kannan to do an Ottanthullal about contemporary issues in Kerala. Ottan thullal is for expressing the feelings of the people about the political, cultural and ecological situations of the contemporary society.
    pls visit my blog palayanan.blogspot.com-archieves first 3 posts).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hearty congrat to this great and talented artist. Let him conquer so many other heights in his journey of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a great artist.. Congratulations.
    I saw your performance at Punnamada.
    Rajesh

    ReplyDelete